3 May 2012

World of Postcards!

Do you know that you can meet people all over the world and see some of their places for only RM 0.50? You don't believe it? Then I should introduce you to Postcrossing ( http://www.postcrossing.com ). It is a website where we can actually get a random postcard from people all around the world. When you send a postcard, you will receive a postcard from random people. I've been a member since 2006 and so far my postcard has travel for over 533, 917km across the world just with a postcard and RM 0.50 stamp.

You know the element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world is quite exciting. There are some countries that so far away that amaze me with a postcard, it feel that I can to get to know them better. In addition they have beautiful and unique stamps a lot of story to tell.

Here are some of my favourites:




 Ok, this is not actually a postcard, but it is like a photos scrapbook. It comes from New Zealand from a mother name Andrea. It also has some sticker photo of Lake Wakatipu. It makes me want to go to New Zealand badly.



 Ok, this is also not actually a postcard, but it is like a real photo itself and it is from Finland. It is the view of his summer cabin. What a view. How great is it to get a view like this every time you wake up. Love it!














What is so special about this postcard? Because it comes from Lithuania, which a country that seldom I heard of. I know it is in Europe but not sure where it is exactly. Apparently it is in Northern Europe and near Baltic sea.  It has modern and medieval look in the town and I really hope that I can visit here someday.



 
I love this postcard because it has a romantic castle hotel which situated in Limburg, Germany. It also has a beautiful castle stamp as above (sorry not so clear). I love castles. The sender is actually has vacation here and he is actually from a small village in Riepe and he works as tester of cars at the Volkswagen -Passat factory in Emden. How cool it that?


 

This postcard is from Belgium, the thing I like most other than cute kittens on the front is the small drawing on the postcard itself. I think it is very nice of the sender and it is beautiful. Another summer cabin and love it.



This is a [postcard from Finland. Another beautiful postcard and look at the stamps with unusual form me. It has 0.05 and 0.10 stamp. The shape is also quite different from normal stamp.


Other than getting postcards from Postcrossing, I also sometimes get postcards from my friends or I bought it from myself because postcard would be the cheapest souvenir that I can get. For example:



This postcard I got from Japan of course. I think it is around 100 yen and the famous Mount Fuji on it. The reason I got this because this is one of the cheapest thing I can get for myself and I really want to go Mount Fuji but still not able to go to as I went to Japan for business. Hope to came back here someday, before Air Asia cancel flight to Japan.



This postcard was given to me by one of my Instructor that when to South America for holiday. I told her that I really would like to have a postcard of Machu Picchu and here it is. I always has a dream to go here since I watch documentary on this heritage site. But to travel here is not easy as you need to have oxygen mask and it cost you a fortune to visit South America. Seriously





This postcard was given by my boss who just come back from Europe again, I mean she went last year and again, she went again this year. Actually, she sent me this postcard when she visited Keukenhof and I was so jealous. In the postcard she wrote about how the whole bus just awe and wowing on the way to go there and I just feel that I an't wait to go there next year. Good motivation boss!


Usually what I do is to get a lot of postcard and buy a lot of stamps. Sometimes, I went for outstation, I will buy postcards of the state so I can send to whoever address that I need to send to. Sometimes, I will exchange postcards with my colleague, who I manage to recruit to join the community. I think this is one of my productive hobby so far as I do enjoy to know how people lives and get excited to check my mailbox as it is not only for bills and spam letters. So, if you are interested don't forget to register yourself at Postcrossing!

Another postcard from Finland. Apparently the bear is a famous bear in children TV , Uppu-Nalle

This postcard is from Belarus, another Europe country.


This is from city of Nokia, Finland

Other than castle, I also love light house. This postcard is from  Germany

Another funny stamp and it is from Germany

From Holland, love tulips and the cows

From Edinburgh, Scotland...what a beautiful view

Not only from Europe and US, I also got postcards from Tunisia, Japan and China

From Portugal

From Russia with love.
This is one of castle in Barcelona.




















2 comments:

Raz said...

cantik2 semuanya!

i want one! XD

saerah80 said...

Joinla Postcrossing...best tau...

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...