26 May 2012

Social Vocab 101 - Part 1

I've been busy, mostly with my study and getting to know myself. I really found out about me that I never realized before this week and I'm getting to overcome it. Hope my dreams come true.

Well, since I've joined the world of twitter, first reason is to get to know traffic from @plustrafik and @kltrafficupdate, then come One Direction, of course to stalk them (why don't they reply my tweets ಠ_ಠ). I also got three followers. Who knows, right?

So I found out there's a lot of words that youngsters nowadays spoken of and some I'm sure what they mean, so for those who are the same boat as me, I introduce you Social Vocab 101. Here is the list of the words:

Fangirling: . 1. the reaction a fangirl has to any mention or sighting of the object of her "affection". These reactions include shortness of breath, fainting, highpitched noises, shaking, fierce head shaking as if in the midst of a seizure, wet panties, endless blog posts, etc. 

Obviously, if you read my post about One Direction, I do mentioned this word. Well, remember the day of BSB and NSYNC for me Westlife, we bought the Galaxie magazine for the posters, Smash Hits for the gossips and searching the net for the best wallpaper for your desktop? That is all fangirling all about. Last time during my school year, we are listening to "Pilihan Bersama" on Radio Muzik and turn it out loud when KRU songs were playing. It apply to all generations from The Beatles to K-Pop. So, it will never go away.

Directioner: No, it is not a person who gives direction. It is bigger than that. IT IS someone who stands by the band One Direction no matter what. Who would be there to support the boys 100%. Whether it's acting, singing, dancing, anything... they'll be there for it all. Even when the band grows up and goes on with their lives, these girls that call themselves "directioners" will NEVER forget the happiness and the joy that Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Zayn Malik brought to them for so many years!
"Directioners have to stick together!"  "They call us.. Directioners."

Only Directioners understand what they are talking about for example Carrot, No, Jimmy protested!, Get out of my kitchen, Vas happening, Kevin and sadly I knew everything about those words. Yes, I'm a Directioner!


#Hashtag: If you have been on Twitter, you may have seen a "hashtag." To put it simply, a hash tag is simply a way for people to search for tweets that have a common topic and to begin a conversation. For example, if you search on #LOST (or #Lost or #lost, because it's not case-sensitive), you'll get a list of tweets related to the TV show. What you won't get are tweets that say "I lost my wallet yesterday" because "lost" isn't preceded by the hash tag.
Well, I just learn this in twitter but never use it. Please don't put #hashtag in Facebook. It doesn't work that way.

Trending Topics: A word, phrase or topic that is tagged at a greater rate than other tags is said to be a trending topic. Trending topics become popular either through a concerted effort by users or because of an event that prompts people to talk about one specific topic.These topics help Twitter and their users to understand what is happening in the world.

Trending topics are sometimes the result of concerted efforts by fans of certain celebrities or cultural phenomena, particularly Lady Gaga (known as Monsters), Justin Bieber (Beliebers) and the Twilight and Harry Potter novels. Twitter have altered the trend algorithm in the past to prevent manipulation of this type.

Twitter's March 30, 2010 blog post announced that the hottest Twitter trending topics will scroll across the Twitter homepage.Users will also be able to find out how a specific topic became a trending topic.
What is the trending topics as of now?


Worldwide trends 

· Change


tumblr(www.tumblr.com/) : Tumblelogs are miniblogs — a fast way to share links, photos, and videos without the bells and whistles of a regular blog. Unlike blogs, tumblelogs are frequently used to share the author's creations, discoveries, or experiences while providing little or no commentary. A website for interesting yet random people, where you can express yourself without being judged. You can post whatever you like, whenever you like. Not everyone understands tumblr, so don't worry about idiots from school/work/anywhere to be joining. If blogs are journals, tumblr is a scrapbook. If blogs are journals, tumblr is a scrapbook.

Facebook person: I think I'll join tumblr. 
Tumblr person:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

So this is the part 1 of the series and Part 2 will be coming soon. Enjoy!
Reference: Wikipedia & Urban Dictionary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is really cool! I found here alot of information that I was looking for. I am really happy to be a part of This site!

saerah80 said...

Thanks Anonymous!

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...