28 May 2012

Social Vocab 101 - Part 2

Well, I promised you part so here it is....


Swagger - the way one carries their self. Like how they walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way: "he swaggered along the corridor". Perhaps the video above might explain a little bit about swagger. I learn the word from it, stumbled when searching for The X Factor 10 (One Direction)


Friendzone - A metaphorical place that two people are in when there is no possibility of romance between them. It is like having all the responsibilities of a boyfriend with none of the benefits.

Mike had a crush on Kelly for years, but being in the friend zone prevented him from getting anywhere with her.


In verb mean to inform another person that they're such a good friend that there is no possibility of romance.


She friend zoned me.

Get to know the word from MTV's Friendzone


Fit - British slang for a person who's incredibly attractive without necessarily being "fit", as in healthy and/or muscular. Unknown to US culture who say "Hot" rather than "fit"

Omg!! That dude is soooo fit!



Got to know the word from this video. It is so sweet and cute and they really can dance. Wait until the end of the video.

Google tic - The uncontrollable urge to conduct a Google search on any and every question, thought, concept, word or name that comes to mind, including new acquaintances, products and companies.

You haven't Googled him, but you went out with him?! I could never get in someone's car without Googling their name, but then again, I have a Google tic.

Well it is me, I google everything, everything!


Instagram - Every hipster's favorite way to make it look like they take really classy pictures when really they are still using their phones. Yeah, you might look really cute/old school/vintage/retro, but it's still a cell phone picture.

Photographer: Hey man, look at this picture I took with my Canon 5D Mark II camera and edited in photoshop! 
Hipster: No way man, look at this picture that I took on my phone with instagram! It's even better! 
Photgrapher: *FACEPALM*

Just learn about Instagram last week. It is still new for me though.



iPause - 1. The period of time between when the light turns green and the driver in the front of the line of cars looks up from his iPod or iPhone and pulls away from the light. This is usually preceded by the person behind them honking their horn.
            2. Verb- The act of having to pause ones portable music player to enable them to hear what another is saying to them.


Derek- "So, mike was trying to talk to me while I had my headphones in." 
Justin- "Oh, thats the worst." 
Derek- "Yeah, I had to iPause... I was pissed." 
Justin- "Yeah, I bet... I hate when someone interrupts my music!

Well, for my case it is looking at Google (again) map during traffic stop and before toll. But I can't find the slang yet.


toiletgirl - a girl a guy just uses for sex when he can't find any girls he's actually interested in dating. She usually doesn't realize she's a 'toilet girl' and often has a crush on him and truly believes he's into her when in fact he is not.- she's a 'toilet girl' because he is just using her to ejaculate into like a toilet.

A: Wow! Is Andy finally dating someone?
B: No, that's just another one of his toilet girls. He'll move on when he finds someone he really likes.


Harry Styles make a trend for it in his twitter. The rest is history.

Reference: Urban Dictionary & Google Image


No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...