10 Jun 2012

Changes is the only constant in life


Wow, it has been 2 weeks without any update. Well, first because both my work and student life decided to merge together to get me on my feet for these 2 weeks. Last week, I've been working for 7 days on the row as we had a big conference in the weekend while this week, my final semester project is due today. So, as always as the one who like to do it last minutes, it was crazy hell to complete the 5 weeks project into 3 days haha...luckily I've got the best team mate ever, Kak Bad and Faidah. I'm sooo lucky to have your guys.

Regarding the title for today, well, after 8 years working in Pusat Bandar Damansara, now my office has moved  to Ampang, yes the most crowded and blackberry, strawberry traffic jam of Malaysia. For the first week, I decided to take LRT to work, which only 5 minutes from my new office and the first change that I have to do is to get early. Usually, after subuh, I will go back to sleep and wake-up again at 7.30am and went to previous office around 8.20am. Well now, at least I need to go out around 7.15am, if I decided to drive and 7.40am by LRT.

It took most of us a little time to adjusted to the time as well the new surrounding. I know I did complain a lot about the new arrangement but in the end, whether to accepted or not. You see we have this Japanese style work station, with no barricade or partition at all. Just us sit there face to face. Even if I need to pick my nose, the person in front of me will be disgusted haha. A person like me who have a lot of stuff, to go to empty table everyday quit challenging. I have 3 boxes of my packed stuff from previous office still in my car. We have our own individual locker which remind me of my school days in boarding school. Most of my time is spend my go back and forth to my locker to get things because we can't put anything on the table, except for laptops, and we can change our places because it was not fix. I like my current place because it is near to my locker, at least.

Although I have to admit that my new office has spectacular view, yes we can see KLCC which is one LRT station away form the new office. In other part of the level ( we took the whole level) we can see the next door condo's swimming pool. The food court also not bad and it is cheaper than previous place. Opposite of our office is the big shopping arcade with a lot of restaurants, and San Francisco is still downstairs.

When the first time I found out that we are going to move, I was not sure whether I'm happy or not. When I Google out the building has a lot potential of meeting new people, seriously, got famous international companies and famous certain oil and gas company. We even joke perhaps we need to change entire wardrobe to be more sophisticated like getting Coach bag or something  because the place is quite elite. But after work there for almost a week, still have not found "the potential candidate" (maybe they hiding) and it just like a normal people working in a building. We hype for nothing.

Of course we will always have resistant to new things, who wouldn't? We have to wake-up early and to go through traffic jam (the horror) in the morning and in the evening. From cubicle to 'not so privacy' workstation and from biggest pantry ever to the smallest one you can see. We already used to the previous place before and adjustment doesn't comes easy. What we can do is to embrace a little step by the time. Now my favourite thing to get breakfast in the food court with my colleagues as I never do that before previously. Now, as I come early, I got the time to do that.

In our live, is true the only changes is the constant as we grow up from child to adult and from playing to working live. All we have to do is just to take it or leave it. That simple!




No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...