17 Sept 2013

Europe Trip Update Part 16: Stamford Bridge and Eye of London

Happy Malaysia Day everyone....so how was your long weekend? Ok, let's continue....

So today I would call "late day". I woke up late and have no breakfast. Then I take a train to Fulham Broadway on District line. Quite far from Paddington, around 30 minutes. So, when arrived there, quite lost but luckily got signboard and to walk there is about 10 minutes and there I saw the stadium. It was not as big as I thought it would be. Well, I never a football fan anywhere and the only reason I went there is because I want to buy jerseys for my father and brother. My father is a huge fan of Chelsea FC. He told me to get the midfielder which I don't who are they. Well better ask the staff in the shop later.

The shop is just in front of the stadium and it was quite big and very blue. It has 2 levels and the jerseys are on the second level. The price well, I just close my eyes because they are for the men in my life. So, I ask one of the staff, a girl who is the midfielder of the team and she is also not sure and bring me o the board of the players with name and their position of the team. So I pick Mata and Luiz and for my brother I bought him Torres and the other guy i can't remember. I also bought my self a car sticker..just cause, I mean I was there might as well prove it, right....After paying, went to the service counter to get the form for VAT claim, well until know I still have not got it...it is quite a lot...seriously...

Actually, I found out that there is Cath Kidston store there, so I walked around to find it but no avail so decided to go to hotel instead and get some lunch. After that, I think I fall asleep and again late for my river cruise and eye of london visit which I bought the ticket online for about 25.7 pound. It is a combine ticket that you can buy from Eye of London website. So, I was running a little bit and then when I arrived at Waterloo station and have to line to get the printed ticket and left 5 minutes before the river cruise started. So, luckily manage to get in time and went up to the deck. It has great view and the best river cruise between in Paris and Amsterdam. Then I saw it, the Big Ben and Westminster building and I feel it just the most beautiful building I've ever seen. So, here I am in London. I just realized that now that I'm in London, the place that I always saw in movies, text books and everyone talk about. I am here. I also manage to see the London bridge, which is not quite I think it is before and Tower Bridge it just beautiful and splendid.

It just surreal and I just feel so proud of myself. Then after around 45 minutes I guess, I decided to go to the 4D Experient first and it was quite good and you can go how many times you want to. Before deciding to buy the ticket, I already had in mind that I want to ride the London Eye during sunset, so I decided the get in around 8pm, which is around sunset there. So, inside it, the capsule is quite spacious and you can see all around. I manage to get few shots with Big Ben background and I just love it. So from above, I just can see the bridge where One Direction shot their "One Thing" video . It is the bridge that I cross from tube station to go to the London Eye.

So, when it is over, I just walk along the south bank and it just so...I don't know, I just feel so happy and hope to be able to remember to memories forever. So when it is time to go back, I just walk along the Westminster Bridge (the One Thing video) and saw the Big Ben becomes closer and closer....I remember the day the most and it will always be in my memory forever....

So for next update, I'm meeting ex-colleague and we went around shopping.....stay tune!

Stamford Bridge Stadium....




Yap, the catch of the day...

Big Ben aka The Elizabeth Tower...

Sea World and The London Dungeon are here...


Tower Bridge...



Can see St. Paul here...

So this is the London Bridge...



Ok, I know this place, I can't remember...







My favourite photo ever...
It seems  like we can touch the sky...



Bridge to heaven?


























Cost of the day:

Food: 10 pound

River cruise+Eye of London: 25.70 pound

Shopping: ??? hehe


4 comments:

Time Traveller said...

London.. rindu nyerr.. kalau kat sungai tu.. menapak jer dari tower bridge sampai le eye on london..

memang boleh shoot bnayak kat situ.. :D

saerah80 said...

Saya pun rindu...nak buat update ni bila tengok gambar rasa nak pergi balik hehe...

Time Traveller said...

tau tak pe.. dah dua kali ke London.. alhamdulillah semua attraction dah jejak.. but still nak pi lagi hahahaa..

mungkin next time boleh ke Manchester.. dam north side pulak..

saerah80 said...

Tula teringin nak pergi Lake District dan alang-alang sampai Scotland ke...best giler...

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...