23 Sept 2013

Europe Trip Update 17: Meeting old friend and Dinosaurs...

So, my class is already started. It is my last semester and I can't wait to complete it....So let’s continue...

So today after FB a lot of messaging, so I have confirmed to meet my ex colleague who is in the London at that time. She is actually following her British boyfriend to see the parents and to do some English teaching course. So we agree to meet at Victoria Station around 9am.

So here I am, after one hour she was still not here. I've been scrambling around to find free internet so I can send her FB messenge but still no avail. So I was just thinking may be at another Victoria Station, the bus station. I just walk around the corner and I heard some somebody is calling my name. So we have misunderstanding of which Victoria Station we need to meet. She is also almost give-up and plan to leave after she saw me. So we just went to the Starbucks and chat a little bit before going to Buckingham Palace.

It was so many people there and literally, I can only see their shoulders or armpit because they are all tall. Just manage to see a little bit of the changing ceremony and took some pictures. After that we walking to Natural History Museum. So the museum is free and looks like the background for the "Night in Museum" movie. So, here I am for the first time to see a real dinosaurs fossils and just look surreal. Then we went around to to look more fossils and it was fascinating.

Then we want to go to another museum, which has mummy or ancient history and we went to Albert and Victoria museum, it is a great museum with statues, jewelries and clothes but no mummy. Then, we meet with my friend's boyfriend and he told us it supposed to be in British Museum. So, it is ok, so we decided to go to Piccadilly Circus instead. 

So we went there by train to see what is the place is all about. My friend has never been there so when we reach there and she just asking her boyfriend, so what is the place is all about? As it just got statue there and a lot of people hang out around it. We just don't get it. Then we walk to the Trafalgar Square and saw Malaysian flag from the Tourism Office and we just so proud.

So we decided to go to Harrods and I was just so awe of the classy or luxury of the mall. Everything there is not in my league. I didn't buy anything there and then we part our ways with my friend. It just so good to see her again after so many years.

Then I decided to go to Oxford Street again and heading to Primarks. In there, I shop like crazy because it just so in my league and cheap. I bought baby clothes for my niece and upcoming niece/nephew ( it is niece by the way) and some toys. I also bought some clothes for myself hehe.

So after a good walking form museums to malls, it is time for me to heading home because my hand cannot hold anymore shopping bags anymore. So tomorrow it is time to say bye to London. Need to do a lot of packing tonight. I wish I didn't buy so many things.

Next update is more on things that I learned from this trip and say goodbye to my "dream comes true" trip.






Buckingham Palace

Yap, my view...




So many people...




Some statue in Trafalgar Square


Me in front of National Gallery? I guess...

Here is Picadilly Circus...



Natural History Museum...

T-Rex fossil

It is so big, it is hard to get all in a picture...


Me and Dinosaurs...






It moves, look so scary and real...

Harrods, baby...


Me and Esvary...

Finally, got somebody to take my photo here, the smell quite foul though...


Cost of the day:

Food: 10 pound

Shopping: ??? hehe

2 comments:

Time Traveller said...

Kat palace tu.. sempat tengok changing guard tak? hari tu tak sempat even dua kali datang situ :P

saerah80 said...

Nampak sikit-sikitla...orang sikit punya ramai lepas tu tinggi pulak tu...tak puas hatila jugak.Ha, apsal pergi dua kali pun tak sempat?

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...