25 Jul 2013

Europe Trip Part 10: Eiffel Tower and La Vallee Village-Day 1

So, how are you guys? How is your fasting month going? Why I'm asking all this questions?

So, after breakfast, we were split into two groups, the ones to Disneyland Paris and the ones who don't. I belong to the second group as I already been to Tokyo Disneyland.

So we took Metro train to downtown. The whole day ticket is around 16 euro and you can go from Zone 1 to Zone 5. Zone 1 is around Paris town and Zone 5 is up to Disneyland Paris. So, first the crew bring us to Galleries Lafayette, a luxury departmental store (think of Pavillion) near Boulevard Haussmann. The store has several department for men, living and of course women. So of course we went to women galleries and you can see all the branded luxury items there, seriously. 

First we went to Longchamp of course and there are a lot of people there, mostly for China I guess, even to ask question about the bag, we need to queue in line. My accompany is one of nurses from Tabuk and med student from Galway. Both of them bought Longchamp bag which cost around 73 Euro, which is not bad compare to the price in Malaysia. I want to buy but I still have not decided whether I should buy here or at the La Vallee factory outlet, which I'm not sure whether to go or not.

Then, our plan is to go to Eiffel Tower, so again we took Metro train to the nearest station to the tower which I can't remember because one of the crew bring us there. During the transit, one of my friend ticket cannot got through and the passenger behind him, a big man manage to push her through the ticket door. after that we arrive at Eiffel Tower. It was a big magnificent statue and we were awe of it. Then we decided to have brunch near the tower. During that time, there is a group look like Arabs but actually Romanian/Gypsy that we come and ask are you to sign a petition or something and then asked for many. As we know their tactics already so when they asked "Are you Malaysian"  we just say "tak tak" and they just walkaway. If they know what "tak" (No) mean than they should know we are Malaysians. There are soldiers, yes soldiers not police who went around and chased them out. Good looking soldiers indeed (^_^)

We saw the line to go up the tower is quite long but I'm so determine to go up there to post my postcard. I saw in "Samantha Brown's Europe show where we can get the official Eiffel Tower stamp on the first floor so when I saw that, I tell myself, I want it too so here I am to fulfill my dream. As none of my group want to go up because we hear it will take more than 3 hours to wait in line and besides they wanted to go to the big palace, that I can't pronounce it which is around 40 minutes in train ride. So, we just split which again, I'm alone and so determined to do it. 

So, I just wait in line, to take stairs because the line is much more shorter and it will be much faster and cheaper. The cost is around 5 euro up to the second floor. If you take lift to second floor would be around 8.5 Euro and all the way up is 14.5 Euro.  So here I am, feeling I should have build up stamina before the journey and feeling, that I might pass out on the stairs but I just want to do it. So, I wait in line around one hour, and just trying to psycho myself that I can do this. 

So, I started walking up and see the steel around me and look up and it just so far away. As I start walking I just said to myself, just take your time, there is no need to hurry and try to take as many photos as I can because at each level they will put photos on how they come to build the monument. So, finally, I reach the first floor and I thought I was already there. There is no post office but only a restaurant and more showrooms for Eiffel Tower itself. Then I thought, maybe the post office on the second floor, so I just dragged my feet to the stairs again. 

As it becomes higher, the scenery becomes more enchanting, went I reach the second floor, I do proud of myself and feel sense of achievement.However, somehow I feel shy to ask people there to take my photos there so I just do a lot of selfies. So walked around and there is no post office and feel disappointing a little bit and try to cheer up by buying wedding gift for my friend whom I miss the wedding because of this trip and bought some postcards. Then after sometime I decided to go down and make a decision that I want to go to La Vallee factory outlet.

So, when I reach down, and there is the post office. I went up stairs for nothing. I need to put herb oil on my feet tonight. So, after posted some postcards, when back to  train station and try to find my way to La Valle Station, which is one station before Disneyland stop. So, the Metro line is quite confusing for the first timer but I just need to find the connected stations to go to the next train line. Alhamdulillah, manage to do it and manage to get seat. The journey will take around 40 minutes. I manage to a seat and it is the first time that I saw a two tier subway. Quite cool actually. The train move from city to the unfamiliar places. 

When I arrived, I do feel lost a little bit as I don't know where to go, so I just follow the crowd, where they go to this mall and I saw the sign on how to go to the village. So it took more than 15 minutes for me to walk through the mall. When I reach there of course, the first thing to do is to found where is Longchamp, it is quite far behind and when I arrived there it just feel so good. So. the price is much more cheaper than Galleries Lafayyette and I grab as many as my purse can handle hehe.

So after walking around a little bit, I can see Burberry, Lacoste and even Michael Kors. So, my next stop is Disneyland as the bus will pick us there back to the camp. It was an exhausting day and we did left some tour because there a little bit late. They do have fun in the Disneyland and I do have fun on my own. But I do regret though not going all the way up at Eiffel Tower. Maybe next time!

Next story, still we are in Paris and walking along the famous avenue in the world and LV. Wait and see.

 
On the way to Metro Station

How to buy the ticket

We are here!



They are drawing Disney characters using chalks...




On the way to Eiffel Tower



Here is the monument and symbol of love...


Yap, I walking up the stairs until the second floor, how many steps? didn't count

Picnic near to tower...



So many people...






Awesome view from first floor...



More awesome view from second floor...

Paris....

Long way up to go to the top...

My ticket...



Reine River...


Opening times, for reference...


My favourite shop....


Just a quick snap at Disneyland...

Eiffel Tower Post Stamp


Cost of the day:

Food and beverage: 15 Euro
Eiffel Tower ticket: 5 Euro
Metro ticket: 16 euro
Souvenirs : 25 euro







No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...