29 Jun 2013

Europe Trip Update Part 6: Belgium and waffle

Ok, sorry guys, busy weeks. I just have one of my final paper yesterday and will be having another two within these 2 weeks. So, sorry for the slow update.

So, it has been 6 days I'm in Europe and I'm still feel like I'm leaving in someone else's dreams and believe it or not, I did pinch myself, just to make sure I'm not in my dreams and when I wake up and found me in my bed.

So here we are in Belgium, the country famous for their delicious chocolates and waffles, not to mention Jean Claude Van Dame. Yep, my goal here is to eat the famous Belgium waffle with strawberry and chocolate syrup. First we when to the Atomium, yep the famous Belgium thing like Eiffel Tower to Paris. Before that, we are having our lunch and then walked to the Mini Europe, where you can see all the famous and historu]ic buildings in Europe in miniature size. It also has great view of Atomium. It cost around 12 Euro. The park was small, and I think so-so only. But if you like to feel like you are a giant and like to take crazy photos, than you will love it.

Then we head up to the Grand Place, a central square in the middle of Brussels. It is surrounded by Brussels Town Hall and the Breadhouse. The town hall looks like no other town hall is Malaysia. It looks like this old Gothic cathedral and it just so beautiful. I remember reading or seeing photos about Europe and their old buildings and statues, so they do look like this. The square is one of UNESCO Heritage Site and has been voted as one of beautiful square in Europe. It is so beautiful and until know I can still feel the breeze and the scenery and the music of bells when I close my eyes.

Then the Kelana Convoy bring us to the chocolate shop, and on the way you can see a lot of chocolate houses such as Godiva and Leonidas. The shop that they bring us is near to the famous statue in Belgium, yes the Menneken Piss, the statue of a boy who piss. The story that he is a son of famous merchant and was missing, after missing party was called and they found him pissing near the fountain or something. And to commemorate the story, the merchant build the statue. So many people took their photos there abd I did too haha. But it just so hard to find decent fridge magnet as most of them did include the Menneken Piss so it just not look nice on the fridge right, it could be offensive to some people also. The chocolate shop has a lot of chocolate and I 'm just not interested as I was thinking how am I going to bring them home since I have more days in Europe, whether the chocolate will be ruined or finish as I eat it and can't bring them hoe. So, I decided not to buy any, some more, they are not cheap.

 Next step of course to find Hard Rock Cafe, it is has been opened for 6 months only. It is very near to the square and you have to look out for the writing on the windows as it doesn't have the signage yet. After that, I just walk around and there are a lot of stalls selling waffles. So, I stop at one of the stalls and bought the waffles with strawberry, whip cream and chocolate syrup and it cost me 4.50 Euro. Yep, I can eat Secret Recepi with that kind of money but it is worth it. Hot chocolate with fresh strawberry on crunchy waffle, feels like heaven.

Then we went back to the camp, and I stay in the cabin this time because it only cost me 5 Euro and just for one night only. I already paid them together with the package. The cabin was huge and complete in with the kitchen, and it is in the wood. I started imagine about the cabin in the wood movie, I haven't see it but I hear it from my brother. I don't watch horror movie. But actually it was beautiful, like you are living in the cottage near the woods. Just hoping there is no wild animals knocking on the door.

When we are having dinner, I just have a chat with an uncle from another bus. I just asked him why he went the tour with the convoy, seems he can afford to have more comfortable tour, he said that he doesn't mind and he like it. He is retired government servant, high ranking I guess and he said that he used to cycle around Australia with his team and in Malaysia with his wife, oh ya, he came to the tour with his wife. I just thought, wow, he has done a lot of things and I just wonder if I have the time, money and the most important thing, the spirit to do all the things I want to do in his age.

That is why, i love joining this tour because I got to know more people and getting more experience. So for my next update, it is about another UNESCO Heritage Site and the destination to be one of the highlight of my life, so far!

Here we are near Atomium....it is theme park actually...



So you can see how big is Atomium is....

Me and Atomium...

I was told that this is the first modern mall in Europe...

I don't know what it is but people keeps touch it...

I think this is the town hall?



Scenery from the square

I think this is a museum....

Another beautiful building...

One of famous shops there...

Yes, this is the famous Menneken Piss....

Glorious chocolate!

Glorious waffles and actually I didn't realized the statue next to it...

Hotel and McDonald downstairs...

My own Belgium waffle...

Waiting for our dinner...
View from our cabin...

The living room...


The dining room and kitchen...

My bunk bed...




Cost of the day:

Mini Europe = 12 Euro

Food and drinks = 15 Euro
Souvenirs = 20 Euro

5 comments:

zila@akulovetravel said...

waffle tu mkn saya pernah mkn kt london..topping cream and buah stobery..sedap sgt

saerah80 said...

A'ah ada tengok kat London eye jual waffle gak...

zila@akulovetravel said...

a'a..kt london eye arr sy mkn..then 2 kali kt tepi jalan..mmg terbaek!!

saerah80 said...

Tula nampak sedap...kalau pergi lagi sekali nak trylah...

Anonymous said...

hai nk tny..mcmne nk book cabin sepangjang trip ni ye? kne booking online before trip ke? plis inform me nonanoris@gmail tq

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...