2 Jun 2013

Europe Trip Update Part 2: My dream castle and Munich

Sorry, been busy to finish up my works and assignments and not to mention have to go outstation. So sorry and here is the continuation of my journey.
Can you feel the coldness in the air?
The weather is gloomy but I still going to the castle. Luckily, the hotel is near to the train and bus station and I manage to ride the bus free because of this card below, provided by my hotel. So, it is about 10 minutes ride and the weather especially the wind, was very cold and I didn't wear any jacket.
Ticket Counter at Hohenschwangau village.
Fussen card=Free ride
After getting the ticket below, and not to mention, I got 1 Euro discount because of Fussen card.

Yap, Tour 429.

The ticket to enter the castle can be bought at Ticket center Hohenschwangau in the village of Hohenschwangau below the castle. The room can be visited with the guided tour. The ticket was divided by language and time, mind is 10.25am, so I'm still early and decided to take a bus to go up to Marienbrücke (Mary's Bridge) and it cost 3.60 Euro for return. I thought that I just go up with bus and walk down to the village.
King of Bavaria, Ludwig II
After waiting for almost 30 minutes, then it is time for my tour. The palace has a lot of stairs, more than 90 steps, I guess and  unfortunately we can't take photo in the building. When I first realized I was in the castle of my dream, I was choked up a little and feel the sense of that I can't describe. I've been waiting to go to the castle for so long and now, I'm in it. I'm almost cried.....

The castle was so beautiful and I think how castle supposed to be. With golden drapery and stunning arts everywhere. The castle was divided around 4 levels and we manage to see the magnificent Throne Hall, Singer Hall use for entertainment and also the bedroom. But it is tragic though as the King Ludwig didn't manage to see it when it was completed because he died. He didn't manage to see the castle of his dream. The tour took around 30 minutes.

After shopping at the souvenir shop, I went to the Marienbrücke to see take the magnificent view from there but because of thick fog, I didn't manage to see the castle. Quite frustrated and to think that I have to walk a long way down and I decided to wait for the bus and just buy the ticket on the bus. 

Hohenschwangau Castle
After that, decided to walk around the Hohenschwangau which also you can see another castle, Hohenschwangau which is the summer house for King Ludwig and his family. It is still cold and the smell of bratwurst makes me hungry and which makes me decided to go back to hotel to have lunch and comeback a little bit later for the photo. Before that I mange to see the beautiful lake Alpsee, which is so calm and look cold.

Alpsee Lake...

Before heading to hotel, I manage to send some postcards. We can buy the stamp from the stamp machine and it took me sometime to understand how to use it and it cost around 0.75 Euro for International destination.

While having lunch, by lunch I mean maggie in cup, I still undecided because I have not visited Fussen town yet. By the way, I watched How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory in Deutsche and they are quite weird for me. Outside has getting clearer and decided to pay another 3.60 Euro to go to the bridge.

Here is Neuschwanstein castle

I will cherish this photo forever.

That is the best decision I have made, not only I can see the castle clearly, but I manage to get somebody to snap photos for me. It was the most beautiful castle I've ever seen and it just so beautiful I just can't stop looking at it. I just found out the photo of Marienbrucke in internet and been thinking, if I know it was hanging like that, I might have some hesitation to walk on it....

Yes, this is the Marienbrucke....
On the way to go there, because of the fog, perhaps that is why I can't see the bridge clearly...

So after that, decided to walk around the town, Altstadt von Fuessen. It is a colourful town and just so relaxing. A lot of shop lots and bakeries. It just a charming town for people to hang out with their friends and families.After all the walking, I decided it is time to go back to hotel. I feel my purpose for Fussen has been achieved and I can sleep happily tonight.

So colourful...



So as for Munich, I didn't go around that much because I only got around 3 hours to spend there and not including 45 minutes train ride to the airport. So my mission was to find the Hard Rock Cafe because my colleague wants some t-shirts and souvenirs there. Of course, I was lost but manage to find it. I really don't know much about HRC T-shirts and luckily the cute staff willing to help me. He even look after my luggage when I walked around the store to get the t-shirts. I want to take photo with him, but I just shy.


Marienplatz, in Munich

Then after snaps for few photos of Marienplatz and the surrounding area, I'm heading back to the train station. Actually, I didn't buy any train ticket, because I think my Bayern ticket could cover it all. I think so and besides nobody checked whether you have ticket or not, no ticket entrance but just go to the train only. I was quite nervous though and luckily I'm ok. So save 11.40 Euro. 

So, after check -in which my bag is around 17kg, which is less 3kg of Easy Jet regulation weight, I went to the shop to buy toothpaste and sling back, you see my sling bag's zips have broken and I don't want my stuff especially my camera and passport to fall out of the bag. It cost me around 15 Euro.

So, now it is time to go to London, can't wait to meet new friends....by the way I almost broke down to tear in first night at London, so find out why in my next update. Soon, I hope....


Research links used for the journey:
http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/palace/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle
http://www.easyjet.com/en
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Attractions-g187316-Activities-Fussen_Bavaria.html


 Cost of the day:

Bus to Marienbrucke= 3.60 + 3.60 = 7.20 Euro
Stamps = 3 x 0.75 = 2.25 Euro
Train to Munich = 22 Euro (bought online)
Hotel = 112 Euro (2 nights)

2 comments:

Jom Masak Channel said...

my friend who went there last winter said that munich dont have much interesting places to visit. but after read and saw your photos, i think its quite good place to go. insyaAllah i ll go there someday :)

saerah80 said...

I tak melawat Munich sangat...kalau Fussen tu dalam 2 jam naik train dari Munich. Dah dekat sempadan Austria...memang best kat sana...

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...