9 Jun 2013

Europe Trip Update Part 3: Lost in London...

So I'm blogging although I'm supposed to do my assignments, I mean 3 of them than need to be send next weekends. So here is the update

So, I took Easyjet from Munich to London. Because of their tight luggage weight requirement, I'm quite worry if mine over 20kg. Luckily, it just 17 kg only. In the plan I was seated with father and teenage son. I think there are Germans and the son has laptop that is so sophisticated than mine and I think the father is working in Intel because I saw him looking at presentation slides. Nosy me, right.

The flight took about two hours and I bought meals, just snack with crackers, cheese, hummus dip and the best decision I ever made, I will tell you later. Then as the flight turn to the right, I saw something that I remember until now, at first I thought they are birds or something but actually, they are this big, modern windmills and I just feel wondered and forgot to take the photo, I manage to get one from internet thought. It just something you didn't see everyday...

Floating windmills

Then reach at Gatwick Airport and waiting for Easybus to take me to West Brompton/Earls Court station. If you book early, you can get as low as 2 pound per trip, I got around 4.49 pound. So, when I reached the bus stop, the bus has already gone but it is ok, as I booked for 6.30pm bus. I waited quite long and event the people before me has waited for 2 hours already. Then the bus came and it is actually 6pm bus, so he took only 6pm and he said need to wait as there is massive traffic jam in London. Then he said only one more place left and I said I'm alone, so, he took me and I seat beside the him, yeah the driver and we left that place around 8pm.

After reaching West Brompton, I really don't know where is the tube at and manage to ask someone and get the direction. Again, at the tube station, I don't have 20 pound to buy the Oyster Card, and no coin to buy the ticket, so just use my credit card to buy the card. So, here we go with a big luggage to go down the stairs and lucky for me, a guy offer his help, as I am not accustom to this, I tried to decline but he insist. so, he help me to get my bag through the stairs and lucky for me, the train is going straight to Paddington.

Then, when I reach Paddington station, I just realised that I didn't have the address and the map to the hotel. I just wondered around until I found the double decker red bus and asked the driver how to go to Sussex Garden and he told me, he can bring me to the nearest street and I must crossed to get there. So, luckily, I already got Oyster Card, so I can ride the bus easily. Then when it comes to the stop, and told me to get off, then I still don't know where to go, and the bus driver went out of the bus and show me the way, I was just so touched of his action.

So here I am at Sussex Garden, but I didn't manage to find my hotel. I must walk along the road back and forth for hundredth times and read all the hotel signage over-over again as I'm afraid I miss the signage but still no avail. Then a woman asked me whether I need some help and I told her about the hotel name and she was not sure either but told me to keep searching. To tell you, I almost broke down to cry because it is almost 11pm and I've been wondering for almost 2 hours. Luckily, I eat something in the plane, if not I would be so hungry. To make it worse, I have no telephone line and no internet to contact the hotel. To use the public phone, I don't have coins. Ca you imagine, you are in foreign country on your own and it is getting late, you are tired dragging your big luggage and fear for your safety and still, you can't find your hotel. I was almost give up until I decided to cross the road and start again. Sure enough, I found the hotel and the signage was near the entrance and it was small. I think I woke up the owner as I arrived late. I just paid her full for 5 nights and manage to get into the room. The shower becomes the best shower I ever had and went to bed as I need to go out by 7am to meet Kelana Convoy.

It is bittersweet experience as even though it was scary to be lost at night at place you are not familiar with but I learn you need to ask help and people are being nice to help you. So I told myself that I need to be ready ask for help and accept help form others. It will do wonders. Oh, because of the lost, I didn't manage to take photo, I mean I am lost and about to cry. Promise more photos on next updates.

So next update will be one meeting new friends and Kelana Convoy. Just wait and bear with me!

Cost of the day:

Easyjet Munich to London = 73.79 Euro
Easy bus from Gatwick to Ears Court/West Brompton = 4.49 Euro

Hotel = 275 pound (5 nights)



1 comment:

zila@akulovetravel said...

Bila nak sambung ni??

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...