29 Jul 2012

The Dark Knight Rises -Not!



Yesterday after shopping for my little brother's engagement things (Yeah, he is married first before me. Our youngest sister, is the first one to get married, I guess in my family the younger will get married first before me sob sob) we plan to see the movie. At first I thought want to see it after Ramadan month but thniking it screening will end soon so we decided to see on that. I've check my GSC app (super helpful) and most of the screening is full, or just front seats left, so I've check Alamanda's and thankfully the 9.30pm screening time is still open with a quite good seats in the middle left for us.

I picked up my brother at his university and when to the mall. I told him that probably we didn't have a place to break our fast because all the restaurants will be fully reserved, sure enough it is true. So we decided to go to the Carrefour by some drinks as we are super thirsty from all the shopping in the afternoon and some toiletries for us and get back to the car to store them. After that we went to but Rotibuy and head up to the park to break our fast. After Marghrib prayer in the Surau which is super full (but it means everybody prays) we went to Pizza Hut to eat.


I was super excited to watch the movie because I heard a good review (actually from Loius Tomlinson's twitter) and the movie is box office everywhere. 


SPOILER (Please don't read it if you want to see the movie by yourself, but I will try not to give away the info )


At the beginning it was quite slow and we were introduced to the additional characters slowly. The movie started after 8 years Harvey Dent's death and in the beginning Bruce Wayne looks like hell. Bane character doesn't look like Tom Hardy at all and sometimes I just wonder how he breath in that mask. At first I was confuse why he wanted to take over Gotham City and what beef he had with Batman. But I found my answer in the end and it all makes sense. I didn't see at all the twist plot but when I recap, I should see it. It is in the eyes. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt was very good and convincing as John Blake and Michael Cane looks old but I think he played Alfred very well. I understand his feelings and his decision. I think Anne Hathaway gives some comic relief in this serious movie. She is believable as a "cat thief" and can punch people quite hard and I was thinking I've just seen "The Princess Diaries 2" in Disney Channel 2 days before.


The plot is quite slow and in the battle scene I was thinking I really think this movie is for guys as I can't feel all the spirit that they wanted me to feel. The police battle scenes supposed to make you fell proud and want to live and I just thinking, whoever was in front line, will die first. I feel the ending is the best scenes and that I feel something and is was kind of hanging like hmmm, is there any additional characters for next movie? I love Helibat or the bat, it was sooo cool and again the bike is to die for. I wish I can have that bike like that.

Overall, I love the The Dark Knight Returns better, as when I after the movie finished, I was thinking to myself, that is the best movie ever! I think the Dark Rises is not a bad follow-up but you know after you have seen the best movie ever, you would anticipate the best from the next movie. The movie is good is just that maybe I have a high expectation. Overall, I would recommend people to watch it but you have to be patience to the climatic scenes as the movie is around two and a half hours long.

If you have seen the movie, please let me know comment and let me know what do you think!

3 comments:

Raz said...

i've watched it last week

but maybe the climax is super slow so i end up sleeping!

or maybe i shouldn't book the midnight ticket

btw anne is beautiful and hot at the same time..

saerah80 said...

Yes, I love Ann in this movie. Haha perhaps not midnight movie....

Jatin Sethi said...

good morning images quotes
happy anniversary didi jiju

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...