17 Jul 2012

Goodbye Chikita!

This entry is for my lovely ex-car Chikita. He was the best car anyone can wish for and I wish him the best with his new owner, my cousin. I never thought that I will part with you this soon, I never imagine at all until the last two weeks. I'm glad that we have smooth adventure to Kedah this time and I will always cherish the time we spend together.

I will never forget, the first time I lay my eyes on you in December 2004, I never thought to buy a car but the opportunity reveal upon itself. It was a love at the first sight. I still remember Linda who is the one drive Chikita home as I'm still afraid to drive a car after 2 years taking the test. I still remember I didn't go back to my hometown during Chinese New Year because I'm still not sure how to drive you back in a long journey.

After a lot of panicking driving especially go up the hill ( I don't like to use handbrake) I began to enjoy driving. I remember the first time I drove Chikita back to Kedah, I stop every two hours because it was recommended in some website that I read. I also still panic especially when going to Jelapang Tol where on the left side is the ravine so deep and for some reason I always follow behind big lorry where I feel safe. 

Another time that broke my heart is when somebody rammed into us near Selayang roundabout. That is the first time I met accident and I was so scared and luckily me feel sad. A month before the incident, another incident happen where, my aunty accidentally reverse her car and rammed into Chikita which makes me angry as she said why did I park behind her? Seriously?. I didn't do anything about the scratch at the time, until this accident which luckily covered by the insurance's of the guy who crashed me. I didn't drive for the whole month.

Chikita and I been ups and down together. We went to adventure together even to the place I've never been before. We lost and found the right way together. I remember the first time I've been to Kuantan to pick-up my brother, (more to bring his thing after he graduated), East Coast Highway is not like North-South Hihgway, I just plain and Kuantan is a small town. All the load of books never bring him down, that is why I always love him. He is reliable!

When I'm on the road, passed by cars that park in emergency lane and I always prayed that Chikita will not let me down as I'm alone and don't know what to do if the car broke down. Luckily Chikita never do that to me. 

I chose to name the car Chikita as it means small in Spanish (the spelling is Chiquita). for sure Chikita as Kelisa is small but powerful. Until now, people is still looking for Kelisa as their favourite car. Although Chikita is still in the family but I still miss him a lot. I know it is weird to named you car and even to talk like he is a living soul but for me he is the best friend I ever had. He never let me down and always be there for me. He is like my gateway car whenever I need to run from someone or something. The journey that we have together will be remembered and you have served me well. I will always love you, ,my friend. You will be miss!



No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...