16 Jun 2012

Letting Go...


I just browsed my twitter, yes it is my new addiction especially I just want to know if any of 1D says "hi" to me or at least RT me, unfortunately, I'm not so lucky...those little pricks..(just joking), I still love them. Ok where was I, oh browsed my twitter and I subscribe to Google Facts https://twitter.com/GooogleFacts and stumbled into this fact,

and it got me to thinking, yeah perhaps it is true. Sometimes, the pain was not so bad but in my heart I kept re-playing the emotion over and over again until it's hurt. Why do I do that?

From the journal, I found out that there are many reasons why people like to self inflict themselves:

1. Some because they wanted to punish themselves and that they simply like punishment. Punishments increase negative emotion and make a behavior less likely to occur in the future. Thus, self-punishment may motivate some of these people, but self-punishment cannot be the reason  to reduces bad feelings. For example, if somebody killed somebody in car wreck unintentionally, they will feel bad and torturing they mind with the scene over and over again hoping they can change the situation.

2. It lasted more than 12 minutes because they need attention. Be honest, sometimes we want the attention from our friends, families and especially our special someone. We wanted them to know that we are hurt by them or someone else and we want to feel their love. That is why sometimes we try to find love in the wrong place and wrong person.

3. We tend to worry a lot and think of what other people think of us. For example, sometimes someone we loves stop talking to us and we tend to think negative, whether they mad at us or perhaps they keeping secrets. Then comes the negative thoughts whether they cheating us with somebody, then comes angry, low self esteem that we inflicted by ourselves. They might be mad because of other things, not us perhaps because of Euro 2012?

For me, because of my high imagination, I tend to have a lot of unnecessary self inflicted hehe. So, from now on for petty things,I only will allow myself to have bad mood for 12 minutes, 20 minutes top as I think as seriously when you have bad mood, the energy drained fast, seriously! So what should I do to cheer-up myself? Other than reading surah Al-Insyirah over and over again, sometimes I will go to Youtube watch funny videos from bloopers of How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory or 1D videos such as Megamind and Spin the Harry. Louis Tomlinson is sooo funny. I also love to feel good movie such as Blindside and Tangled. Sometimes, I will go to my favourite restaurant to enjoy my favourite meals.

So, of course to let go our feeling is not easy, I still have some feeling that I can let go, but that is old issue but for new issue, I will learn to let go before it consumes me. It is not worth it to that to that to yourself because it could not be about you at all.


P/S: I've got of visits from international visitors nowadays perhaps because there are a lot Directioners out there. Please says hi to me and I will be sure to say back!

No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...