3 Apr 2012

Annyeonghaseyo Korea Part 1 - Jeju Island

I hope is still not too late to update my trips to Korea last September while waiting for Revenge to start at Star World. Well, 4 of us manage to get around RM 600 round trip flight ticket from Air Asia, which we bought a year before.


Day 1
We manage to reach Incheon around 9pm. We are still decided whether to stay at Incheon or Gimpo airport, because we have a flight to Jeju Island around 6 in the morning. After long way of go and back, and we missed the last train to Gimpo, we decided to stay (or force) at Incheon Airport. We decided to find a place to spend the night but we don't know where. We found there is a prayer place but actually it is not for us, so we decided to stay near the train entrance to go to Gimpo, and there are 4 of us, laying on hard bench, trying to sleep. Luckily, there are a 24 hours convenience shop that playing K-Pop song all night to accompany us. I can't sleep a bit as I just thinking the guard will throw us out. Yes, I'm that scared.


                                                           Airport Sleeper
Day 2
Arrive at Jeju Airport around 8am and we took a bus to our place to stay, Hiking Inn. It was well recommended by most reviews that I've read, and it is the last stop for the Airport Bus. When we arrive, it is time to go as we already booked a taxi to bring us around the airline and it is quite expensive around 120 000 won but it worth it as the driver Mr. Kim was a pleasant man and he did gives us extra place to visit too.

Of course the first place to go is Teddy Bear Museum, (influence by Goong). It was everything I hope for and can't stop snap photos. The merchandise in the gift shop was quite out of my budget. I want to buy a teddy bear for my niece but it is quite expensive as I'm only on the second day of my visit, I'm afraid I will spend my money before the journey end, so sorry Chica. So, all I bought was postcards which cost me around RM 3 per piece. That's all


                                                         Goong's Teddy Bear


Tehn we went to Jeju Jungmun Daepo Coast which has a breathtaking rocky cliff columnar joints near the ocean. Zati try to took photo of us, when suddenly, a group of ahjussi almost knock her down and they didn't even say sorry. Well, that will not be our last.


After that, we went to Miniature Museum, where they have the famous world landmark, such as Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty and even my dream castle in miniature size. It was fun to do the "giant people" picking up the Eiffel Tower, or crashing down the Summer Palace.

 Me and fellow Easter's Island inhabitants


Then after lunch in Korean Restaurant which we spent around RM 90 per person, we went to Trick Art Museum which is around one hour. I was sitting in the passenger seat, the car is KIA and was big and so smooth, we'll because we don't have enough sleep last night, we took the opportunity (or more due to tiredness) we sleep all the way to the Museum, none of us is awake. If we are being sold, we are sold already.

The Trick Art Museum building is like the roman building (not spectacular though). The inside was fun and we are trying to snap as much photos as we can because believe it not, we are competing with locals to took photos with the famous art. You see, the art was a manipulation of 3D art, and if we took photos in certain way, it will looks like we are in the the art itself. It is fun to challenge our creativity and try not to copy others.

                                      Zati is trying to get a hold on to Napoleon's horse

Then we went to this place, which was not in our itinerary, but recommended by our driver. I think it is a place of meteor or something but it is so beautiful. We just took our time to enjoy the view and fell the wind in the air. I think that is one of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen but can't be translated well with my camera.

                                                                So beautiful

Our last place to visit in Jeju is the waterfall near our Inn, I can't remember what the name of it. We were quite tired and all we can think is to go back to the Inn. 

Overall, I would say that the first day in Korea is quite exciting and challenging, especially to communicate with our driver. Although he can speak English, but it took sometime for us to understand. But he is a great guy and I would recommend him to others.

So, end of Day 2 of our Korea journey. Stay tuned for next time when we in Seoul. Guess which K-Pop superstar that we met?






2 comments:

Honey Bee (BadariahBtSelamat) said...

i like so much your blog about korea vry informative....well done...:)

K.Bad's

saerah80 said...

Thanks Kak Bad

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...