5 Aug 2013

Europe Trip Update Part 11: Strolling along Champ- Elysees

Well, got my final exam result already. Quite great actually. Waiting to register for my last semester ever. It is the end of Ramadhan....how are you doing?

So we are still here in Paris. Today all of us will go together in a group. So our first destination is Avenue de Champ-Elysees. It is a very famous avenue where all the branded shop such as Louis Vuitton flagship store, Lacoste, even car's manufacturer such as Porsche and  the restaurant Laduree, famous for their macaroon.

So when we arrive, the bus park near LV store but it is still not open yet,  but people are queuing already. Then we walked along the road to go to another famous monument in Paris, Arch de Triomphe. It is inside a roundabout and to go there there is underground tunnel. Arch de Triomphe  is dedicated to the glory of all French armies. Like its Roman ancestors, this arch has served as a parade gateway for triumphal armies (French or foe) and important ceremonies. From what I hear, it was built by Napoleon Bonaparte. It has names of soldiers who died in the battle and has a small memorial place for them.

After that, well shopping time. To tell you the truth, I was quite afraid to go inside LV store, you have to queue and my friend, one of the nurses from Tabuk is carrying plastic bag for her Eiffel Tower small statue. Actually, I just thought that because they are a premium upper brand so they might be quite posh. So , I just nervous they will turn us away, but not. So we went inside and and it was just majestic, LV bags and accessories everywhere. I know I won't buy anything but I keep hearing that the price here is cheaper than Malaysia. Yap, we conquered the store and I ask one of girl from my bus and asked her how much is the bag that she is holding and she said it was 1000 Euro. I was just huh? wow Malaysians really rich. Most of them went out with LV paper bags. Me and the nurse, didn't buy anything and but still she wanted to buy bag so we when to another store, Lacoste instead. The bag there are very nice that she bought 2 bags.

Then we went to Perfume Museum, Fragonard and divided into 2 groups. I quite like the tour and remind me of the movie that we watched on the bus, Perfume: The Murderer Story and some of the way they used to extract the flower essence is the same like in the movie. So, the tour guide asked us how are we wear our perfume and of course spray on the hand pulse and rub which she said no no as we only need to tap it only. It is also great to know the difference between eau de toilet with 25% of water and the longest lasting smell is what we called essence which is more expensive and only bottled around 30ml and less. I bought 2 perfume one for me and one for my brother. I do love my perfume and now I'm freaking out how I'm going to get another one if it is going to finish already. I might need to come here and bought it haha.

After that we went to Galleries Lafayyet again, and my friend just bought 3 bottles of Chanel's perfume. We were treated like royal there with free samples and all. Then it is lunch time where they bring us to this place but I can't remember what is the name of it but it is near to Notre Dame. They have a lot of halal food there and four us decided to hangout and eat as we are tired to walked already.

Next in itinerary is river cruise and we though it is only for 30 minutes ofboy, it went up to one hour. I would not recommended the river cruise and some of the group quite upset because they didn't have time to go visit Eiffel Tower because of the boring river cruise. Luckily, I've been there before, so I was not so upset. But I do feel the time in Paris was not enough, I didn't manage to go to Notre Dame and the Lourve and didn't manage to go to the top of Eiffel Tower. I promise myself that I will  go Paris again someday. I do love the city, it just so wonderful and romantic. As for the people, some might think that they are not friendly but for me it just their culture. That is how we learn and appreciate our different diversities in this world.

I really wish to visit Paris again and to get my first LV bag!





The Lourve, as view from the bus...

Not sure what building is this...

The roundabout at Arch de Triomphe

Famous restaurant opposite of LV store

LV flagship Store


We are on the way to Arch de Triomphe



Yap, took the photo in the middle of the road...
Inside the tunnel to Arch de Triomphe

Memorial site 

Names of soldiers that lost their lives in the battle...


Souvenir shop, very expensive...



This monument was presented by Mesir's government to France...



One day, I will come and explore this place...soon


Lunch of the day...



River cruise ticket...

Notre Dame, view from the cruise...


Cost of the day:

Food: 20 euro
Souvenir: 20 Euro
River cruise ticket: 13 Euro

No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...