22 Nov 2012

Pitch Perfect, so perfect


I've been wanting to see the movie since I saw the trailer in the youtube. This film follows Beca (Anna Kendrick), who does not fit into any of the cliques at her college. She wanted to become a DJ and already mash ups some songs to realize her ambition. As he promised her fater, she needs to join a group to show that she tried her best to fit in the college. She joined The Bellas – an a capella all girl group in fictional Barden University. The way how Chloe, one of Bella found her in the bathroom is quite funny and awkward.

But, she finds she is not the only one that different. The group consists of all types of girl, – mean girls, sweet girls, and just plain weird girls but they all sing good together. Their main rival, The Treblemakers are a all male group Capella that has great recognition and at the top of their games.

(This is could be spoiler part, please stop here if you want to see the movie)
This film is based on the book Pitch Perfect written by Mickey Rapkin. I would say of course the plot might be predictable but the story was good. I don't know that Anna Kendrick can sing and she can sing good too. However, the best character I would say "Fat Amy" by Rebel Wilson. It was not slapstick joke (ok maybe the vomit part) but the way she said it, it just so funny. I love every scene she was in and she also can sing well.

The music was good I mean like glee mash ups but better, I guess. I love hoe The Treblemakers sang "Round Round" as seen in below clips, it was so sexy and great. Their song for the final "Magic" by B.O.B is fun and make me want to dance.I love the "riff-off" part as seen in below video.

                               Round Round by The Treblemakers


                                                                 Riff-Off


Of course in the end, The Bella won the competition but I might just a little disappointed with the ending, it just end like that. I would give 7/10 stars for this movie and would like to watch it again. 
It was ACA-AWESOME!


No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...