8 Oct 2012

Full Time vs Part Time Study


My class already started and I'm going to have a major headache soon. Less than 2 weeks I'm going to have tests, quizzes and not to mention oral reading and listening for Mandarin subjects. To top them all out, I'm going to be away in Sabah for work. Although I'm happy to be in Kota Kinabalu again, but still, I need to study.


However, I do feel that I still motivated to study, perhaps because I paid the fee myself. When I was a full time student during my university years, I found out that I have sense of purpose and goal now compared to back then. I'm not a bad and good student either back then. I'm just average. Sometimes I will skip class and sometimes I will sleep in the class but sometime I will eventually learn from my friends. Perhaps maybe it was hassle for me to fight to get into the bus to go to the main campus or perhaps peer pressure that makes me take the learning less likely. But now, I feel that I'm taking the the classes seriously. I never skipped the class and never late although I need to sacrifice my Sunday for at least 5 times for 3 months. Sometimes at night, I will do my homework and try to study. I sacrifice my leave to study for finals.

Maybe when I become a little bit "mature" than before so that is why I took my study seriously. And together with my work experience, I can see the things more clearly and more practical. As a full time student back then, sometimes, I can't relate the subject that I'm studying with the work I don't have. Mind you I was an electrical engineering student. Now, the subjects I am learning is far cry from electrolysis or capacitor. I don't  even remember how to count the power of capacitor but related to my current work.

My current classmate raging from a young single adult to mother and grandmother. We share a lot of stories of our work place and of course the office politics too. We are more willing to spend for books and if we are  broke, we print our assignments in the office. I am amazed of my classmates that comes from far away such as Sabah or Johor to come to KL to study. All the energy and time, money spend to continue their study. Some of them are mothers where they come to KL together with their supported families.

I guess, what I am saying, perhaps it is better for us to get an experience so that what ever we learn, we will be able to relate and practice it. What do you think?

2 comments:

Raz said...

selamat study! hope u pass wif flying colors :)

saerah80 said...

Thanks (^_^)

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...