23 Dec 2012

Update on Project Europe

I'm in research mode for my Europe Trip next year. In fact, that is all I can think about for the last two weeks. So, I already made up my mind that I'm going with Kelana Convoy Highlight of Europe from 4 May to 12 May. I might be going as early as 29@30 April and coming back on 17@18 May. 

So, my draft plan would be to go to Fussen, to visit my dream castle and back to London for the tour. Then after tour will be staying back in London for sight seeing and shopping of course. Ok, so I got draft plan right but I'm so nervous and quite frighten right now, why? well, I found out that there is big possibility that I might be travel London by myself. Well, it seems that my brother maybe will not be there during my trips because until now his doesn't graduate yet. Yeah, talking about all the bureaucracy in his university that he might not be flying to UK soon. So, I need to increase my accommodation budget and face possibility to go by myself.

On top of that, I also will be going to the countryside, yeah Cotswold. I fell in love with this place when one of the senior traveler in Forum Cari told be about this place. Cotswold has the most beautiful English cottages villages in England and one of them is Bibury Village. I want to visit the place such as Stow-in-the Wold, Bourton-in-the-Water and Broadway. I even got the photos of the villages as my wallpaper.

Bourton -on-the Water

My dream castle, Neuschwanstein castle

Stow-on-the Wold (I guess)

Combe Castle



Broadway (My current Wallpaper)


At first, I wanted to go a day tour as the place is only 90 minutes from London by train. Then, I was thinking,  why not I just stay, I mean to wake up to the beautiful English village and having scorn and English Tea would be lovely. I love to walk in the village and see how people live. Then, of course thanks to Mr. Google, I manage to get some tours and it is expensive, like 169 pound for 2 days (~RM900) and for day tour is around 79 pound which is around RM 400. I should take tour guide package as I don't know how and where to go and how to take the public transportation. However, there is something in my heart feeling that I should do this on my own. I love to wondering around and take time as much as I want to without any restrictions. I love to soak the environment and take pretty pictures of the village and scenery surrounding the area. 

For some reason, I found to go around Cotswold might be more difficult than to go to Fussen on my own even though there will be language barrier in Fussen compared to Cotswold. That is why I keep researching for Cotswold rather than Fussen. Another dilemma would be should my arrival destination to be Munich or London? If I arrived Munich, then I can go Fussen immediately and travel back to Munich, then London by train. If not, I should arrive in London, then take train to Munich, Fussen then back to London again. What I'm worried the most is about the luggage, you know to go around with big luggage and if I left in the storage in London train station it would be around RM 50 per day. I'm not sure about the low budget flight because of the strict baggage requirements.

So now, I have rough idea where I want to go and now I need to plan the budget part, which is quite stressful. I just wish I save something this year but now at all. I really hope that I can afford this trip and I don't want to postpone as I already told everyone and I really really want to make it happen. 

No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...