1 Mar 2014

I sea-food

Hi guys, sorry I've been absent so long. The truth is I really doesn't have the mood. It is like I'm having "lazy-post syndrome" and I'm trying my best to beat the disease. Wish be all the best in the world.

So, again, I was assigned to supervised the centres in Sabah and again, it was taken away (sob sob) this year. So this is another entry of me having last blast in Sabah and eating the freshest (is that a word?) and cheapest seafood ever.

So me and my colleagues, the guy who will be taking over Sabah was there for me to show him around. So our first stop is Sandakan. So we stayed at the hotel near the centre so it means we can't rent a car. After the centre visit, we (when I said "we" I mean me) decided to go to Kampung Buli Sim- Sim for the seafood. We took a cab and it cost us about RM20 returns, yeah I know it is expensive but we have no choice, I mean we didn't know how to get there using public transport.

So when we reach it is already 6.30pm and it is almost dark. There are many restaurants there and we choose the happening one. It is actually situated in the water village, so when we go through we will see the living area or other people's kitchen. So we are seated at patio near the sea and it is low tide and I can see somebody walking around in shallow water. So we order fresh coconuts and ususlally for prawns, I love steam prawns and eat them with soy sauce, chili and garlic, but because we will be having it in Kota Kinabalu, so I thought we should try butter prawns, oyster soup and kangkung belacan. It butter prawns were delicious and you can feel the freshness on the first bite itself. The oyster soup not bad and the oysters are as big as the bowl spoon. So, as the night comes to end, we just feel full already and fight on who should finished up all the meals. So bye- bye Sandakan and welcome to KK.

In KK of course we are going to Kampung Salaut seafood, and there we ordered steam prawns,nyonya steam fish and sayur sabah ikan masin. The specialty of Kampung Salut, they have this papaya pickle that is so good. I wonder where they get it?

So overall, I guess my seafood adventure ends here. Of course I will eat seafood here but it will not as good as in KK and Sandakan. Actually, there is a saying that they taste of seafood in Sandakan and Kota kinabalu is different because the different sea, as Sandakan is near to Sulu Sea while KK in South China Sea, I can't feel the different my colleague does. Well, maybe in the end, if I really craving seafood, I will fly to KK or Sandakan or Tawau, they said the seafood also good there.

P/S: If you would like to read my another goodbye to Sabah, click here:
http://whatever-lahno.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-will-miss-you-sabah.html

I will miss this view...

So here we are...

Best steam prawns ever...

Fresh coconut...

Yum-yum...

Butter prawns....


Nyonya steam fish...not sure what fish is it...

No comments:

Chasing Aurora Birthday Trip: Finland, Sweden + Norway

Salam semua.... How you all have been doing so far? I hope you guys are in the good health and bless with your families and friends. Yap...m...